Chartered financial analyst (CFA) member organisation, CFA Societies Australia, has made new appointments to its board of directors in Sydney and Melbourne, including Charles Wu as president of CFA Societies Sydney.
Wu was currently the deputy chief investment officer and general manager defined contribution investments at State Super.
Other CFA Society Sydney appointments included:
- Vice president: Raj Gohil, head of Macquarie Investment Management in Australia;
- Treasurer: James Cowper, director for Principle Advisory Services; and
- Brisbane director: Rein van Rooyen, head of investment performance and operations, group governance, Q Super.
The new appointments for CFA Society Melbourne were:
- Treasurer: Brett Elvish, founder and director of Financial Viewpoint; and
- Programming chair: Rob Fowler, former chief investment Officer for HESTA.
Departing board members from Melbourne were Graeme Bibby, Thomas Tam, William Nigro, and Leila Lee.
All appointments were for a term of three years, commencing from December 2020.