The 2018 Money Management/Lonsec Fund Manager of the Year Awards have seen 19 stellar funds and fund managers rewarded for standout 2017s, with boutique funds and Legg Mason proving the big winners.
The Awards recognised the top funds across a range of categories, as judged by Lonsec. The research house based its decision on funds’ performance against their benchmark within their category and an assessment of funds’ positive qualitative momentum.
The category winners were:
- Alternative Strategies: CFM Institutional Systematic Diversified Trust A
- Australian Fixed Income: Legg Mason Western Asset Australian Bond Fund – Class A
- Australian Property Securities: Folkestone Maxim A-REIT Securities Fund
- Australian Small Cap Equities: OC Dynamic Equity Fund
- Global Equities: PAN-Tribal Global Equity Fund
- ETF Provider: Vanguard Investments Australia
- Australian Large Cap Equities: Bennelong Australian Concentrated Equities Fund
- Direct Property: Australian Unity Healthcare Property Trust – Class A Units
- Long/Short Equities: PM Capital Global Companies Fund
- Global Fixed Income: Legg Mason Brandywine Global Opportunistic Fixed Income Fund
- Emerging Manager: Munro Partners – Global Growth Fund
- Infrastructure Securities – Lazard Global Listed Infrastructure Fund
- Multi-Asset: Pinebridge Global Dynamic Asset Allocation Fund
- Global Emerging Markets Equities: Legg Mason Martin Currie Global Emerging Markets Fund
- Global Property Securities: Quay Global Real Estate
- SMA Provider: AB Concentrated Global Growth Equities Portfolio
- Retirement and Income Focussed: Wingate Global Equity Fund – Hedged
- Responsible Investments: Alphinity Sustainable Share Fund.
Legg Mason won the overall Fund Manager of the Year award, for the third time in the last four years.