The 30th year of Money Management/Lonsec's Fund Manager of the Year Awards has seen the return of Legg Mason Global Asset Management and Lazard Asset Management as finalists in the Overall Fund Manager of the Year category, while Antipodes joins the club as the third finalist.
While Lazard took the top prize in 2014, Legg Mason was crowned overall winner in 2015.
Previous finalists such as Vanguard and iShares have also returned in the ETF Provider category.
Money Management and Lonsec are proud to announce the finalists across all categories for this year’s Fund Manager of the Year awards.
To mark the 30th year anniversary of the awards, Money Management founder, David Koch will return to the awards. We will also bring together current industry stalwarts, as well as a Legends Table with winners from previous years.
The awards ceremony is an opportunity to reward the best of the best in the funds management industry as well as the financial planning industry.
Money Management is pleased to announce the fund managers who have made the cut.
GLOBAL EQUITIES (BROAD CAP)
- Antipodes Global Fund - Long Only
- Generation Wholesale Global Share Fund
- Pan Tribal Global Equity Fund
GLOBAL EQUITIES (REGIONAL & EMERGING MARKETS)
- Aberdeen Emerging Opportunities Fund
- Fidelity China Fund
- Lazard Emerging Markets Fund
- Australian Ethical Australian Shares Fund
- Candriam Sustainable Global Equity Fund
- Legg Mason Martin Currie Ethical Income Fund
- CFS FirstChoice Multi-Index Balanced Fund - Class A
- Schroder Balanced Fund - W Class
- Sunsuper for Life - Balanced
AUSTRALIAN EQUITIES (BROAD CAP)
- Allan Gray Australia Equity Fund
- Lazard Select Australian Equity Fund - W Class
- Maple-Brown Abbott Australian Share Fund - Wholesale
AUSTRALIAN EQUITIES (SMALL CAP)
- Celeste Australian Small Companies Fund
- NovaPort Microcap Fund
- Realindex Aust Small Companies - Class A
EQUITIES (LONG SHORT)
- Antares High Growth Shares Fund
- Antipodes Global Fund
- Ausbil 130/30 Focus Fund
PROPERTY & INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITIES
- CFS Global Listed Infrastructure Securities - Class A
- Folkestone Maxim Property Securities Fund
- Maple-Brown Abbott Global Listed Infrastructure Fund
- GMO SGM Major Markets Trust
- INVESCO Wholesale Global Targeted Returns Fund - Class A
- Partners Group Global Value Fund (AUD) - Wholesale
GLOBAL FIXED INCOME
- Colchester Global Government Bond Fund Class A
- Legg Mason Brandywine Global Opportunistic Fixed Income Trust (Class A)
- PIMCO Global Bond Fund - Wholesale Class
AUSTRALIAN FIXED INCOME (INC DIVERSIFIED)
- Henderson Australian Fixed Interest Fund
- Legg Mason Western Asset Australian Bond Trust — Class A
- PIMCO Diversified Fixed Interest Fund — Wholesale Class
SMA PORTFOLIO AWARD
- Antares Dividend Builder Model Portfolio
- DNR Capital Australian Equities High Conviction Portfolio
- Quest Australian Equities Concentrated Portfolio
- Challenger Guaranteed Annuity
- CommInsure Lifestream Guaranteed Income Annuity
- Mercer LifetimePlus
- Antipodes Partners - Antipodes Global Fund
- Folkestone Maxim Asset Management - Folkestone Maxim Property Securities Fund
- Spheria Asset Management - Spheria Australian Smaller Companies Fund