Colonial First State’s (CFS) Investments retail service offering brings together a range of institutional-quality solutions for Australian financial advisers and their clients.
To do this, we have assembled a diverse team of leading global institutional fund managers to provide Australians with world-class investment solutions. Each of our external Alliance Partners and in-house multi-manager products bring a unique investment capability that allows advisers to develop complete, robust solutions for their clients.
In addition to providing Australian retail investors with access to these previously institutional-only funds, we provide advisers with direct access to the knowledge housed in these top global investment firms.
The CFS Investments offer extends beyond simply introducing great global fund managers to Australian advisers; also provides hands-on practical portfolio management guidance and educational opportunities sourced from both our international Alliance Partners and experienced in-house multi-manager team.
Exclusive partnerships: access to world class expertise
CFS Investments has access to the world’s best institutional asset managers but only a select few meet our specific criteria and pass our extensive due diligence process.
Currently, this exclusive list includes:
- Acadian Asset Management – a Boston-based, global, quantitative, investment manager specialising in active long only, long short and managed volatility equity strategies
- Affirmative Investment Managers (AIM) – the world’s first global fixed income manager focussed on delivering mainstream market returns with impact
- Aspect Capital – a London-headquartered pioneer in systematic investing, offering medium-term trend following and alternative risk premia investment solutions
- Baillie Gifford – an independent investment manager based in Scotland that’s focused on the long-term, with an investment philosophy in equities that’s motivated to seek growth opportunities within a global universe
- Generation Investment Management – a London-based manager specialising in sustainable global equity investments
- Milliman – global risk management specialists that helps design investment strategies targeting better retirement outcomes.
Typically, these managers only deal directly with large institutional clients, but CFS Investments brings their unique insights and strategies to financial advisers in Australia.
For example, under the CFS Alliance Partner arrangement our managers will share their knowledge with advisers via multiple channels such as boardroom sessions, webcasts and one-on-one meetings.
Sharing intelligence and providing opportunities: why access to unique investment expertise can fuel growth for advisers
The first stage of our engagement with financial advisers involves getting to know how they have engineered their practices, and where CFS Investments can strengthen their business plan to meet clients’ needs.
As a home-grown wealth management specialist with a strong global presence we can offer Australian advisers access to our in-depth market intelligence and exclusive educational opportunities that include:
- Sophisticated investment expertise spanning Australian and global shares, property, fixed interest, credit, infrastructure and multi-asset strategies
- Insight on best-practice investment and governance standards that advisers can adapt to their own businesses
- Access to our Adviser Academy where you can share knowledge and ideas with professional peers
- Invitation-only study tours, professional forums, peer group sessions and networking opportunities.
Design principles and practice: how to build better portfolios with institutional-strength construction tools
Financial advisers can get more out of CFS Investments than just access to a reputable source of market insight and education. We also provide another level of hands-on support with portfolio design, construction and implementation.
CFS Investments can put leading-edge institutional portfolio management techniques on the table for any financial advisory business.
We can help advisers build style agnostic investment portfolios designed to suit the needs of their unique client base – and offer ongoing guidance on construction and implementation.
Financial advisers can also tap into experts housed in our related multi-manager business – FirstChoice Investments – to help define their own investment approach.
Furthermore, CFS Investments has a suite of technology available to guide advisers through the portfolio design and management process, covering:
- Tools to streamline the investment review process
- Third-party software to assess client portfolios’ risk and return against investment objectives and test alternative portfolio versions before implementation.
Whether it’s through direct access to leading global market knowledge, modern portfolio management expertise, investment implementation solutions or professional networking and educational opportunities, CFS Investments is ready to help Australian advisers and investors reach their financial goals.
Adviser use only
Unless otherwise specified, this document has been prepared by Colonial First State Investments Limited ABN 98 002 348 352, AFS Licence 232468 (Colonial First State) based on its understanding of current regulatory requirements and laws as at the date of publication. While all care has been taken in the preparation of this document (using sources believed to be reliable and accurate), to the maximum extent permitted by law, no person including Colonial First State or any member of the Commonwealth Bank group of companies, accepts responsibility for any loss suffered by any person arising from reliance on this information. Colonial First State is the issuer of interests in FirstChoice Personal Super, FirstChoice Wholesale Personal Super, FirstChoice Pension, FirstChoice Wholesale Pension, FirstChoice Employer Super offered from the Colonial First State FirstChoice Superannuation Trust ABN 26 458 298 557. It also issues interests in the Rollover & Superannuation Fund (ROSCO) and Personal Pension Plan (PPP) offered from the Colonial First State Rollover & Superannuation Fund ABN 88 854 638 840. Colonial First State also issues other investment products made available under FirstChoice Investments and FirstChoice Wholesale Investments, other than FirstRate Saver, FirstRate Term Deposits and FirstRate Investment Deposits which are products of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124, AFS Licence 234945 (the Bank). Colonial First State is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bank. The Bank and its subsidiaries do not guarantee the performance of FirstChoice products or the repayment of capital from any investments. This document provides information for the adviser only and is not to be handed on to any investor. It does not take into account any person’s individual objectives, financial situation or needs. You should read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making any recommendations to a client. Clients should read the PDS before making an investment decision and consider talking to a financial adviser. PDSs can be obtained from colonialfirststate.com.au or by calling us on 13 18 36.