Financial planning, risk tolerance profiling and suitability firm PlanPlus has announced the winners of the Global Financial Planning Awards 2019 competition, with Paul Greenwood winning in the Europe/Australia category.
Greenwood, Wealthspan managing director and client adviser, said he was grateful to have opportunity to share WealthSpan’s work and their client’s story with the judges.
“The WealthSpan team are also beneficiaries of this special award, they now have a greater appreciation that what they do every day is first class and that their efforts really do matter,” Greendwood said.
The awards were launched seven years ago to increase global awareness and understanding of the role financial planners played.
Winners received a fully-paid trip to the 2019 FPA annual conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota from 16-18 October.
Shawn Brayman, chief executive of PlanPlus Global, said they had launched the awards to showcase how financial planners were transforming lives.
“We had absolutely no idea the snowball effect that the Global Awards would have on advisors worldwide,” Brayman said.
“The response from countries like Australia, Malaysia, and India has been incredible.”
Full winners list:
- Winner: Michael Palumbos, Family, Wealth & Legacy, LLCl, Rochester, NY, USA;
- First runner-up: Laurence Schiffman, Schiffman & Associates Wealth Management, Denver, CO, USA;
- Second runner up: Zak Smith, Sagium, Calgary, AB, Canada.
- Winner: Thayn Niemand, Verso Wealth Pty Ltd, East London, East Cape, South Africa;
- First runner-up: Vivek Rege, V R Wealth Advisors Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, India;
- Second runner up: Lovaii Navlakhi, International Money Matters, Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, India.
- Winner: Paul Greenwood, WealthSpan, Melbourne, Australia;
- First runner-up: Rocco Costa, Tupicoffs, Brisbane, Australia;
- Second runner up: Craig Wilford, Nexia Sydney Financial Solutions, Sydney, Australia.