National Australia Bank (NAB) has named Western Sydney University as its preferred provider for the Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning and the Graduate Diploma in Stockbroking and Financial Advising.
The two fully-accredited online postgraduate courses would help NAB staff meet the Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority’s (FASEA’s) new educational requirements for their financial planners.
Sharon Taylor, Western Sydney University associate professor, said developing quality accredited courses was an important step in putting confidence back in the industry.
“Educational qualifications and ethical behaviour go hand-in-hand, and by supporting financial planners through accessible financial planning courses that connect them with leading academics, we are helping to lift the industry,” Taylor said.
In addition to the two preferred courses, Western Sydney also offered several other intensive financial planning courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Advising
- Graduate Certificate in Stockbroking and Financial Advising
- Master in Financial Planning
- Master of Stockbroking and Financial Advising
- Bridging Units stand alone or part of a Graduate Certificate that are required by FASEA.