The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has announced the finalists of its 2013 AFA Adviser of the Year Award.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the finalists were judged on education, experience and contribution to the industry, including the use of technology and processes in their business, their client feedback process, complaints handling, cashflow management and business planning techniques.
The six finalists are:
• Justine Back, Back to Back Financial Planners, New South Wales
• Jenny Brown, JBS Financial Strategists, Victoria
• Kylie Wright, Ulton Financial Planning, Queensland
• Mark Rando, Rando & Associates, Western Australia
• Rory Mooney, Wealth By Design, South Australia
• William Bracey, Sydney Financial Planning, New South Wales
"This is an opportunity to not only recognise the outstanding ability of the final six, but also to acknowledge the significant number of nominations for the award from right across Australia," Fox said.
"The nominations are becoming more difficult to judge each year, with many more advisers demonstrating their skills and talents and providing an example for others to emulate."
Colin Morgan, chief executive of Zurich's Life and Investment business (sponsors of the award since its inception in 2003), said the finalists had managed to adapt to a changing environment while continuing to demonstrate an exceptional standard of advice.
The winner will be announced on 15 October at the AFA National Conference at the RACV Royal Pines Resort on the Gold Coast.