The Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (APRA) has announced five executive appointment as part of a new organisational structure to better align the body with its strategic objectives.
APRA would move to an industry-based supervision model with separate supervisory divisions for superannuation, insurance and banking.
It said it would also strengthen its focus on the supervision of governance, culture, remediation and accountability and a new Accountability Regime was being established.
The new appointments, effective from 1 December, were:
- Sean Carmody as executive director, cross-industry insights & data;
- Brandon Khoo as executive director, insurance;
- Therese McCarthy Hockey as executive director, banking;
- Suzanne Smith as executive director, superannuation; and
- Steve Matthews as chief operating officer and executive director, enterprise services.
Heidi Richards would take on the role of executive director, policy & advice until a permanent appointment was made.
Smith was also crowned Woman of the Year at Money Management's Women in Financial Services Awards in 2018.