The Money Management Top 100 Financial Planning Group Survey 2016 is the longest running annual snapshot of the leading advice groups in the sector.
Based on size the survey also includes a range of other information including the education standards of planners, their professional indemnity insurance arrangement and the platforms, software, research houses and professional indemnity insurers they use. Compiled annually since 1999 the Top 100 has continued to track the ‘big picture’ movements taking place in the area of financial planning as well as providing details and specifics about the planning groups involved.
The printed table
The printed table appeared in October 13, 2016 edition of Money Management
- In Excel format: $450
- Number of planners (2016 and 2015)
- Year on year change in a number of planners (2016 vs.2015)
- Ownership figures
- Funds Under Advice
- Minimum education requirement (for current and new advisers).
This version includes the following fields:
- Planning group rankings (2016 and 2015)
- As locked PDF: $300
Full Excel spread-sheet
The full data set was not published in Money Management due to its large size.
It is available for purchase as an unlocked Excel spread-sheet with all of the data fields (see below): $2000
Segments of the Excel spread-sheet
Segments of the Top 100 are also available for purchase as unlocked Excel spread-sheets: $900 per segment
Fields are listed below but the following field are included with each segment
- AFSL Licence No:
- Head of dealer group/CEO
- Planning group rankings
- Number of planners
- PI insurer
- Ownership figures
- Equity Offered
- Total FUA
- Does your financial planning group offer to buy out retiring advisers clients?
- No of Active Authorised Reps who are Financial Planners/Advisers
- Minimum education requirement for new advisers joining licensee
- Minimum education requirement for current advisers
- No of Authorised Representatives who are Paraplanners/ Accountants/ Stock Brokers/ Other Authorised Representatives
- No of Active Authorised Reps who are Financial Planners/Advisers per state
- Number of Paraplanners:
- Number of FPA members:
- Number of CFPs:
- Number of AFA members:
- Number of FChFPs
- Total no. of clients:
- Total FUA: 31/06/16 ($m)
- Do you provide Dealer Services?
- to internal advisers/external advisers?
- No of financial planners for which you are the primary service provider of licensee dealer services?
- Dealer Services Charging Method
- Are Dealer Services purchased from a third party/ Reason to purchase Dealer services from a third party
- Dealer Badged Platform/s:
- Are Platforms selected by planners
- Planning software
- Software selection by planners
- Licensee preferred software provider
- Planning software integration
- Research providers
- Internal research capabilities offered to planners
- Research provider selection by planners
- Licensee preferred research provider
Have a question about the Money Management Top 100 - 2016?
Contact us at: [email protected]