2nd August 2017 12:30pm - 6:00pm
DAY 1 - 3rd August 2017 8:30am
Welcome Address by Conference Chair
Investment Trends: Development Spending Rises for Platforms and Wraps
- How is the market evolving? Will development spending continue to rise?
- Top-performing platforms and wraps
- Where does fintech and technology development come into play?
Speaker: Michael Blomfield, Chief Executive Officer, Investment Trends
Industry Presentation - The Evolution of Platforms and Wraps
Speaker: Colonial First State
Panel: Dealer Groups’ Insights
- What new administration technology and support solutions will dominate the market in the next 12 months? Where are the growth areas to focus on?
- The swing towards fintech and self-directed investment alternatives – does having open architecture service platform matter?
- Are platforms lessening need for planning software?
- Are more planners using software such as Class, XPLan, Advisor Logic and not using platforms?
Grahame Evans, Managing Director, GPS Wealth
Neil Younger, Managing Director & Group CEO, Fortnum Financial Advisers
John de Zwart, Managing Director, Centrepoint Alliance Board
Rod Bristow, Managing Director & CEO, Infocus Wealth Management
International Keynote Presentation: Robo-advice as a Tool to Enhance Client Relationships
- Where is the Australian market at with robo-advice? Drawing examples and lessons from how the US and UK wealth industries are utilising robo-advice
- Knowing when and how to utilise the most suitable tools and strategies at different stages of client engagement
- How will robo-advice evolve in the next two years? What challenges and opportunities lie ahead?
Speaker: Mark Polson, Founder, the lang cat ltd
Technology Presentation by Bravura
Speaker: Darren Stevens, Director, Product Management and Strategy, Bravura
On-stage Interview: Means to an End: Investing into Administration Technologies
- Lessons learnt from recent case study in the financial advisory market
- The decision-making processes around making a big technology project spend
- Technology migration in a highly dynamic platforms market
An Update on Regulation and Compliance
- Updates on new regulatory guides for wrap platforms and managed accounts
- Issues affecting advisers in MDA regulation changes
- Regulatory reforms and impacts on fintech start-ups
The Netwealth 2017 AdviceTech Survey: How will Technology Spur Advice Practices in the Future?
- Netwealth will present findings from their recent survey of over 200 independent financial advisers, examining the current and future usage of technology in advice practices
Speaker: Michael Heine, Joint Managing Director, netwealth
The Rise and Rise of Managed Accounts – How to Leverage this Boom
- Navigating challenges in shifting to managed account structures and ensuring value-adding advice practices
- MDA versus SMA: How can platform providers, planners and advise businesses reap maximum benefits from both?
- Changes in MDA regulations and what’s in stored for the platforms and advisers in the next 6-12 months
Speaker: Toby Potter, Chair, IMAP
Debate: Are Traditional Platforms and Wraps Becoming Redundant with FinTech, Digital and Mobile Technologies?
Moderator: Mike Taylor, Managing Editor, Money Management
Michael Heine, Joint Managing Director, netwealth
Wes Gillett, Head of Marketing and Distribution, Hub24
- How are fintechs progressing in the wealth management market
- What will be the ultimate distinguishing value for fintechs?
- Looking at the next steps of growth and expansion
- Opportunities and strategies to collaborate with banks and major players
Closing Remarks and Day 1 Wrap-up
DAY 2 - 4th August 2017 8:30am
Welcome Address by Conference Chair
Panel: Consolidation or Expansion: M&As and the Future of Wealth Industry
- How will the sell-out and acquisition of wealth businesses by major bank players shake and shape the wealth industry?
- The future of platforms and wraps market – what do financial advisers want?
- Opportunities in new operational models and where does technology come into play
- Badges and alternative revenue streams for licensees
Panel: Lifting Platform Administration Efficiency and Performance
- On-platform versus off-platform: Is the industry trending towards off-platform? How will this impact operation, administration and compliance?
- Integrating platform administration and SMSF administration
- Pressure of margin compression and what this means for dealer groups when it comes to scaling the business
- Michael Butler, National Compliance Manager, Interprac Financial Planning
- Eugene Ardino, Chief Executive Officer, Lifespan Financial Planning
Enhancing Adviser’s Back-office and Middle-office Administration Process Efficiency
- Emerging technologies that are crucial to improve operational efficiency and client experience
- How to innovate traditional platforms technologies to succeed in a disruptive wealth management market
- Working together with fintech start-ups
- Data Management and data feeds
- Revenue management
- Compliance management and reporting
Panel: Making Platforms More User-friendly for Planners
- How platforms can better support planners in client-centric, goal-based financial advice
- What functionalities will be most crucial for planners in the next 12 months?
- Providing greater transparency and control for advisors and clients
- Helping licensees with revenue management and compliance
- Annick Donat, Chief Executive Officer, Madison Financial Group
- Sarah Brennan, Director Business Benchmarking Services, Comparator
Closing Remarks and Conclusion